Pee Wee is feeling much better, his ear is still a little inflamed and it clearly bothers him but not like it did before so the meds for the infection are definitely working and he says thank you for all the love and kisses your sending his way!
Big B was starting to feel neglected since Pee Wee was getting all the attention so I decided to make him something special and these Peanut Butter Swirl biscuits definitely did the trick.
They are a little more time consuming then most of the other recipes but it is totally worth it once there finally done.
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Water
1 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tablespoon Carob Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Heat water and peanut butter until warm and mix in a large bowl.
3. Add egg, honey and oil and mix until well blended. Measure out 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside for later.
4. Add 3/4 cups of flour to the mixture and mix until a stiff dough forms and set aside.
5. To the 1/2 cup of peanut butter mixture mix in carob powder and cinnamon, then mix in remaining flour.
6. Roll carob mixture in into a rectangle shape 1/4 inch thick and set aside.
7. Roll the peanut butter mixture into a matching rectangle and lay the carob rectangle on top of it.
8. From the long end roll up the rectangles and slice dough into 1/2 inch slice.
9. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
Cool and refrigerate.
Tip: Some have had issues with the dough being sticky, if you encounter this problem placing the rolled dough in the freezer for a couple of minutes should make it easier to cut.