While visiting Namely Marley I came across a post about her dog Jack who risked life and limb when he scarfed down a plate full of vegan chocolate-covered peanut butter balls she had made, not only was he sick but she wasn’t to happy with him eating her treats!
Well Jack’s near death experience prompted me into action (sounds so dramatic..) and I decided to make some dog friendly peanut butter ball treats, vegan style, just for him.
He sounds like a great dog so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if you made them for your dog too.
1 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Wheat Germ
1/4 cup Oat Flour
2 cups Carob Chips
1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
1. Combine all ingredients until well mixed and shape into balls sized for your dog.
2. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
1. Once the centers are ready melt carob chips and coconut oil in double boiler and stir until smooth.
2. Dip each ball in carob and place on wax paper.
3. When cool, dip a second time and let harden on wax paper.