You may think I’m all about bacon and cheese but I understand the value of a well rounded diet rich in fruits and um uh other stuff …
So make your dogs these orange and cranberries treats so you can get back to some bacon!
1 medium Orange (zested and juiced)
1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Honey
3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farheniht
2. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in small bowl and set aside.
3. Allow butter to warm to room temperature and mix with egg and honey, once mixed gradually beat in flour mixture.
4. Stir in orange juice, zest and dried cranberries.
5. Knead dough into ball* and using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Place balls onto a lightly greased baking sheet and flatten.
6. Bake for 7 to 11 minutes.
Cool and refrigerate.
*Depending on how much juice you get from your orange you may need to add additional flour to your dough for it to form a ball.