When I started cooking for my dogs my friends started giving me doggy cookbooks. The Doggy Bone Cookbook by Michele Bledsoe was my very first one and it’s a great book.
The recipes are easy to follow and perfect for baking with the kiddos. It also comes with it’s own bone shaped cookie cutter, what more can you ask for?? :)
This recipe comes out nice and crispy and is one of my dogs favorite.
4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Wheat Germ
1/4 cup Oatmeal
3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 cups Water
2 tablespoons Chopped Parley or 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenhight.
2. Mix whole wheat flour, wheat germ, oatmeal and parsley once combined add water and oil.
3. Knead dough for 2-3 minutes the roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
4. Cut into shapes with the cookie cutter.
5. Bake for 30 minutes (or until edges start to brown) on ungreased cookie sheet.
Cool and refrigerate.
* I didn’t use the cookie cutter it came with so my cook times were a lot less then the recipe indicated. My cookies cutter was much larger so my bake times were about 5 to 7 minutes less.
Adapted from The Doggy Bone Cookbook by Michele Bledsoe