My dogs loved these lemon and orange biscuits and my house was filled with a wonderful citrus smell while they baked.
1 Lemon (juiced and zested)
1 medium Orange (juiced and zested)
1 teaspoon Honey
1/4 cup Milk
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Oatmeal
1/4 cup Wheat Germ
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a small bowl combine whole wheat flour, oatmeal and wheat germ and set aside.
3. In large bowl mix lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, orange zest, honey and milk.
4. Once combined add to flour mixture and combine all ingredients until well mixed.
5. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes with the cutter of your choice. Place treats on an prepared baking sheet.
Cook for 15-20 minutes.
Cool and refrigerate.
* For and extra lemony flavor add ¼ teaspoon lemon juice