Now for a little taste of
laziness nostalgia I’m going to revisit and share some of my favorite older recipes, recipes I wrote before anyone started reading. :)
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 cups Beef Broth
3 tablespoons Oats
Carob Frosting (topping)
1/2 cup Carob Chips
3 tablespoons Butter
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Milk/Soy Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Any topping of your choice (carob chips, bacon bits, mint leaves, parsley, peanuts, any thing safe your dog is fond of)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Beat egg and in a large bowl, mix with flour and beef broth.
3. Once completely mixed add oats until all ingredients are combined.
4. Roll onto a lightly floured surface 1/2 inch thick.
5. Use a donut cutter to cut the dough and place on a prepared baking sheet. (I don’t have a donut cutter so I just used a biscuit cutter and a small circle cutter to cut out the middles.) Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until browned. Allow to cool and harden.
Once donuts are cool dip the tops of the donuts into the carob frosting and decorate with your topping of choice.
My donuts are topped with bacon bits, carob drops and dried spearmint leaves.
In a saucepan, combine the ingredients and warm over med-low heat while stirring continuously once melted store in fridge.
Originally published 09/29/2009