A few people have asked why I use white rice flour in my wheat-free recipes, as opposed to quinoa flour or may of the other wheat-free flours. It’s because white rice flour is the one I can alway find in any grocery store. The other wheat-free flours I can usualy only find in specilty stores and I don’t want to bake with ingredients that may be hard to find.
But if you have ingredients that you want to me bake with please let me know!
In the mean time, bake up a batch of these apple swiss chicken wheat-free treats for your sensitive pups.
apple swiss chicken dog treat recipe
- 1 cup grated Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup natural Apple Sauce
- 1 cup cooked and chopped Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup White Rice Flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 7 to 8 dozen small circles.