I try to keep my recipes simple (mix three ingredients in a bowl and bake!) so this recipe for parmesan mint chicken scone dog biscuits is a little more work then I usually like but the dogs LOVED THEM and the time and effort is well worth it.
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter, chilled and cut into cubes
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup Chicken, cooked and shredded
1 teaspoon Dried Peppermint Leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix whole wheat flour, salt and baking powder until well combined.
3. Add cubed butter to flour mixture and stir until crumbly, add parmesan.
4. Mix additional ingredients by hand.
5. Form into and four balls and flatten on prepared baking sheet to form a 1 inch thick round. Cut into wedges (pizza cutter!).
6. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen pieces.