Fruit cake is such a controversial item. Some love it, some hate it .. some just enjoy the chance to break out the rum.
No matter how you feel about it these fruit cake dog treats will make you look at it just a little differently. It has a softer, more cakey texture and uses the the dried fruit of your choice (just make sure it’s dog safe .. no raisins) so you can make it just the way your doggy likes it.
I used a muffin top pan for easy serving but a bread pan will work just as well, and don’t forget that rum. You can’t use it in the treats but I’m sure you’ll figure something out …
1 cup dried Fruit (I used cranberry, blueberry and pineapple)
1/4 cup dried Fruit (cranberry, blueberry and pineapple)
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Milk
1/2 tablespoon Molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone or grease and flour a muffin or bread pan .
2. In a medium bowl mix whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and 1 cup dried fruit then set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix eggs, molasses and milk.
4. Once well combined add the milk mixture to the fruit mixture and stir until mixed.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan and sprinkle top with 1/4 cup dried fruit.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
7. Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
What side of the fruit cake tin are you on? Do you Love it or Hate it?