Originally my plan was to make a ginger bread dog house. I didn’t take into account how hard that would be or how many times I would fail at it! First the dough was to soft, then to hard, then none of the pieces fit .. Clearly it was beyond what I capable of.
What I am capable of is making up a tasty gingerbread treat to get your dogs drooling and your house filled with the smell of gingerbread. These yogurt dipped gingerbread biscotti are much easier than a gingerbread house and are just as tasty. Woof!
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Molasses
3/4 Cup Milk
1 cup Yogurt Chips or/and Carob Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Combine dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Add molasses and milk to dry mix and knead until all ingredients are well mixed.
3. Form dough into flat logs about 6 inches wide and 1 inch high. Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then cut logs into 1 inch slices.
4. Place slices back on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the slices are as dry and crunchy. Allow to cool.
5. Once cooled melt yogurt chips and dip biscotti until end is coated. Allow to harden and refrigerate.
Makes 1 to 2 dozen biscotti.