These treats, almost cost me fingers! I suppose a dog can only be so good when there is liver involved.
1 pound Beef Liver
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the liver in the freezer for 30 minutes, it’ll make it easier to cut. Cut into 1/4 inch thick strips.
3. Add liver to water and allow it to boil for approximately 5 minutes, until the liver is no longer pink.*
4. Remove the liver from the water and rinse with cold water, then pat with paper towels until cool and dry.
5. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it is dried.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
* The boiling cooks the liver and cuts down on the drying time, it also eliminates the mess of dealing with raw liver.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the liver as well, just follow the manufacture’s instructions.