Pee Wee enjoyed these apple carrot treats so much I almost didn’t have any left for pictures!
apple carrot dog treat recipe
- 1 medium red Apple grated
- 2 Carrots grated
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 cup Soy Flour
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup milk divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix apple, carrots, butter, soy flour and oats until well combined.
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time until the dough is workable, when you roll it into balls it holds together.
- Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place them a inch apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the tops to flatten.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until browned at the edges. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen rounds
While taking my photos a neighbor comes by to
be nosy socialise so I turn to talk to him. He starts laughing and tells me that Pee Wee emptied half the bowl the second I turned my back.