I made people food, and then sent it to people! :)
I participated in the 2nd Annual Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and I got to do something different AND people sent me yummy cookies. What’s not to love?
On to the recipe! I adapted this recipe for Easy Sugar Cookies.
2.17 ounce bag Skittles Candies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a small bowl, stir together skittles candies, flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
4. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
(After my first try I figured that I should stick to something easy .. )
I received some beautiful and tasty cookies from these three ..
Red, White and Blueberries
The Redhead Baker
Make sure to check out there blogs for the recipes of the cookies I chowed down on. There was no time to take pictures, cookies don’t last long in my house, and I figured my pictures wouldn’t do there wonderful work justice any way.