This is a small recipe, it only makes a little over a dozen biscuits, making it perfect for those who don’t like a freezer full of treats. I’ve never personally met someone who doesn’t like freezers full of dog treats .. but I’m sure there’s someone out there. :)
carob cranberry dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup Cranberries coarsely chopped fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon Carob Powder
- 1/4 cup plain Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the tops to flatten.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned at the edges. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 1 to 2 dozen rounds
Pee Wee is becoming a pro at treat snatching!