If you’ve still got a turkey breast, or two, left over from the holiday dinner here an easy way to share a taste of the holidays with your pups.
turkey jerky dog treat recipe
- Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Cranberries pureed
- 1 teaspoon dried Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Water
- Combine pumpkin puree, cranberries cinnamon and water in a bowl.
- Clean the turkey breast and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the turkey slightly.
- Place turkey strips into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.
Look who’s learning bad habits from Pee Wee!