If you’ve still got a turkey breast, or two, left over from the holiday dinner here an easy way to share a taste of the holidays with your pups.
1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Cranberries, pureed
1 teaspoon dried Cinnamon
1 1/2 – 2 cups Water
1. Combine pumpkin puree, cranberries cinnamon and water in a bowl.
2. Clean the turkey breast and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the turkey slightly.
3. Place turkey strips into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
6. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
*If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.
Make sure to precook the meat, I just boiled mine in the marinade for 3 minutes and then placed it in my dehydrator.
Look who’s learning bad habits from Pee Wee!