These broccoli, carrot chicken treats can be made months ahead of time so you’ll always have the makings of tasty treats on hand.
1 Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 cup finely grated Carrots
1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
3 tablespoons Butter, softened
2 cups Oat Flour
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
2. Divide the dough into fourths and place each ball of dough on to a piece of wax paper.
3. Shape the dough into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap each in plastic wrap or foil and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
6. To bake, slice rolls about 1/4 inch and bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
The rolls can be frozen for about four weeks, if working with frozen rolls it is best to let the stand at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Pee Wee: Wait .. what’s going on? I saw all the baking stuff and you made chicken, but no treats.
Me: These are different, they have to stay in the fridge for a couple of hours. I’ll probably just leave them over night and bake them tomorrow.
Pee Wee: WHAT!
Me: Listen, patience is a virtue .. you can wait.
Pee Wee: Says the woman who drove an hour to get her new phone because she couldn’t wait for two day shipping.
Me: Maybe .. I’ll be so interested in my new phone I wont have time to bake any more …
Pee Wee: umm .. Woof means I love you …
broccoli carrot chicken
Previous post: easy, cheesy and grain free