These broccoli, carrot chicken treats can be made months ahead of time so you’ll always have the makings of tasty treats on hand.
broccoli carrot chicken dog treat recipe
- 1 Chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1 Eggs
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Divide the dough into fourths and place each ball of dough on to a piece of wax paper.
- Shape the dough into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap each in plastic wrap or foil and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- To bake, slice rolls about 1/4 inch and bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
Pee Wee: Wait .. what’s going on? I saw all the baking stuff and you made chicken, but no treats.
Me: These are different, they have to stay in the fridge for a couple of hours. I’ll probably just leave them over night and bake them tomorrow.
Pee Wee: WHAT!
Me: Listen, patience is a virtue .. you can wait.
Pee Wee: Says the woman who drove an hour to get her new phone because she couldn’t wait for two day shipping.
Me: Maybe .. I’ll be so interested in my new phone I wont have time to bake any more …
Pee Wee: umm .. Woof means I love you …