sweet potato chicken biscotti dog treat recipe
- 1 Chicken Breast cook and chopped
- 1 large Sweet Potato cooked and mashed (approximately 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary crushed
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine dry ingredients whole wheat flour, rosemary and baking power and stir until well mixed. Add chicken, sweet potato and milk to dry mix and knead until all ingredients are well combined.
- Form dough into flat logs about 6 inches wide and 1 inch high. Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then cut logs into 1 inch slices.
- Place slices on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the slices are as dry and crunchy. Allow to cool.
- Makes 1 to 2 dozen biscotti.
If you get more mashed sweet potato then 1 1/2 cups you may need to add additional flour until your dough holds together.