Bacon .. cheese .. BURGER! But in a kind of fancy biscotti form, make sure your pups keep those pinkies up while they devour these treats.
1 pound ground Beef, cooked and drained
1/2 cup shredded Cheese
1 cup Milk
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 cups Buckwheat Flour
3 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and chopped or real bacon bits (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Combine dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Add cheese, beef and milk to dry mix and knead until all ingredients are well mixed.
3. Form dough into flat logs about 6 inches wide and 1 inch high. If you’re using bacon press into tops of the logs.
4. Bake on prepared baking sheet for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then cut logs into 1 inch slices.
5. Place slices back on backing sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the slices are as dry and crunchy.
Cool and refrigerate.
1 to 2 dozen.