cinnamon orange sweet potato dog treat recipe
- 2 to 3 medium sized Sweet Potatoes*
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Orange zested and juiced
- 2 cups Water more if needed to cover sweet potatoes
- Combine water, cinnamon, parsley, orange zest and orange juice in a bowl.
- Evenly slice your sweet potatoes, the thinner they are the faster they will dry but thicker chews last longer.
- Place sweet potato slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
I used white sweet potatoes (they were on sale!) but any type of sweet potato or yam can be used.