1 Sweet Potato
1/2 to 1 pound Chicken Livers
* You can use any dog safe fruits or vegetables for you trail mix
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Slice the fruits and vegetables to the desired size.
3. Clean the chicken livers, then carefully slice them into strips and remove all the fat you can from the meat. They are easier to cut if allowed to freeze slightly.
4. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
5. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until items are dry in appearance and texture.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat too, just follow the manufacture instructions