1 Sweet Potato, cooked and mashed
1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
squeeze Lime juice
1/2 cup Spelt Flour
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
2. Kneed the dough into a ball and place on a piece of plastic wrap.
3. Shape the dough into roll about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and completely in plastic wrap. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least five hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
5. To bake, slice rolls about 1/2 inch and bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 1 dozen rounds
The roll can be frozen for about four weeks, if working with a frozen roll it is best to let the stand at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Once baked this is a chewy treat and will need to be refrigerated or frozen. They will last 1 to 2 weeks when refrigerated and up to 3 months in the freezer.