cherry sweet potato chews dog treat recipe
- 1 to 2 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 heaping cup Cherries pitted
- 1 tablespoon dried Mint Leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Evenly slice the yams, the thinner they are the faster they will dry, and set aside.
- Puree cherries and mix with mint and cinnamon.
- Place sweet potato slices into the puree, add additional water until they are fully covered.
- Allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and refrigerate.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.