1 to 2 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
1 heaping cup Cherries, pitted
1 tablespoon dried Mint Leaves
1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
1. Evenly slice the yams, the thinner they are the faster they will dry, and set aside.
2. Puree cherries and mix with mint and cinnamon.
3. Place sweet potato slices into the puree, add additional water until they are fully covered.
4. Allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
5. Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
6. Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor and sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours until you have achieved the texture you want.
Cool and refrigerate.
*If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.