apple rosemary sweet potato chews dog treat recipe
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Apple cored and pureed
- 1 tablespoon chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- pinch Cinnamon
- Combine apple puree, rosemary, ginger and water in a bowl.
- Evenly slice your sweet potatoes, the thinner they are the faster they will dry but thicker chews last longer.
- Place sweet potato slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and store in an air tight container
If you have a food dehydrator it can be used to dry the treats as well, just follow the manufacture instructions.