1/2 cup pitted and chopped Cherries
1 tablespoon Flaxseed
1/2 tablespoon chopped Rosemary
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Spelt Flour
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
2. Divide the in half and place each ball of dough on to a piece of plastic wrap.
3. Shape the dough into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap each in plastic wrap or foil and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least five hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
5. To bake, slice rolls about 1/2 inch and bake on prepared baking sheet for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 1 to 2 dozen rounds
The rolls can be frozen for about four weeks, if working with frozen rolls it is best to let the stand at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Once baked this is a chewy treat and will need to be refrigerated or frozen. They will last 1 to 2 weeks when refrigerated and up to 3 months in the freezer.