1 cup pureed Beets*
2 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1 teaspoon grated Parmesan Cheese
2 to 3 Basil Leaves, chopped
1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone donut pan or grease and flour a metal donut pan.
2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Spoon batter into prepared donut pan.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 6 donuts
*I used canned shoe string beets. A 15 ounce can, drained, yielded 1 cup of puree.