bacon basil beet doughnut dog treat recipe
- 1 cup pureed Beets*
- 2 slices Bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 to 3 Basil Leaves chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone donut pan or grease and flour a metal donut pan.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared donut pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 6 doughnuts
I used canned shoe string beets. A 15 ounce can, drained, yielded 1 cup of puree.