2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
1 1/2 cup pureed Beets*
2 tablespoons Honey
1/2 teaspoon chopped Thyme Leaves
2 cups Water (or more as needed)
1. Mix pureed beets, honey and thyme leaves with water until smooth, set aside
2. Clean the chicken breast and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the chicken slightly.
3. Place chicken strips into the beet marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor, sprinkle tops with thyme.
6. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture
*I used canned sliced beets. A 15 ounce can yielded 1 1/2 cup of puree.
**If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.