apple mint sweet potato chews
- 2 to 3 medium sized Sweet Potatos
- 1 Apple
- 3 to 4 Mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 2 cup Water more if needed to cover sweet potatoes
- Puree apple, mint leaves, ginger and water.
- Evenly slice your yams, the thinner they are the faster they will dry.
- Place yam slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.