Blackberry and ginger make this a very flavorful chicken jerky recipe.
Blackberry Ginger Pear Chicken Jerky
- 2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
- 3 ounces Blackberries
- 1 Pear
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 2 cups Water or more as needed
- Puree blackberries, pear, ginger and water until smooth, set aside.
- Clean the chicken breast and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the chicken slightly.
- Place chicken strips into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.