strawberry peanut butter chicken jerky dog treat recipe
- 2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup chopped Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 2 cups Water more as needed
- Puree strawberries, peanut butter and mint with water until smooth, set aside
- Clean the chicken breast and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the chicken slightly.
- Place chicken strips into the strawberry marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor, sprinkle tops with dried mint for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.