Coconut Beef Jerky Dog Treat Recipe
- 1 pound Beef Steak
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Cilantro
- 2 cups Water more as needed
- Clean the beef steak and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the beef slightly
- Mix coconut milk, ginger, honey, cilantro and water until well combined.
- Place beef strips into the coconut marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the liver as well, just follow the manufacture’s instructions.