strawberry kale chicken jerky dog treat recipe
- 1 to 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped Kale
- 1/4 cup chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 cups Water or more as needed
- Add kale, strawberries, cinnamon, honey and water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, pour in a bowl.
- Clean the chicken breasts and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the chicken slightly.
- Place the chicken strips into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator, if needed add more water so that the meat is completely covered.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on baking sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.