tomato & herb chicken liver dog treat recipe
- 1 pound Chicken Livers cooked and chopped
- 1 6 ounce can Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen rounds.
These went over very well with my 7 y/o mini poodle. She likes cheese and the chicken liver is gentle on her tum.
I’m so glad she liked them Lynne. Woof!
Can we use fresh herbs and will that change the longevity of the treat?
You can Dahleen, and it wont make a difference on how long they keep. The tomato pastes and cheese are what makes these so perishable so fresh herbs wont cause any issues.