I know, I know I haven’t been doing a lot of cooking lately but it’s not just because I’m being a lazy bum (okay some of it is…) but I’ve been wrapped up in Pee Wee’s ear issues and planning his BIRTHDAY PARTY!
Yes it’s Pee Wee’s birthday and I was undecided on what to make him. Then a friends brought over some cute and tasty mandarin oranges I knew she had just handed me my inspiration!
These Pineapple and Mandarin Cupcakes treats were a big hit with the dogs and I caught a couple people tasting them too.
pineapple mandarin cupcake dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pineapple canned in water or 100% pineapple juice
- 2 Mandarin Oranges juice only
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Pineapple Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain crushed pineapple,set drained juice to the side for use in the icing. In a large bowl mix the drained pineapple, mandarin orange juice, milk, oil then add egg. In a separate bowl mix wheat flour and baking powder, once well mixed add to wet mixture. Fill greased muffin tins about 1/3 full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and refrigerate.
- Allow the cream cheese to warm to room temperature then cream together with 1/3 cup of the pineapple juice drained from the crushed pineapple until smooth.
- Decorate cooled cupcakes with icing.
The fantastic printed leaves were made by Sugar Robert and they came out beautifully!