cranberry oatmeal dog treat recipe
- 2 cups Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Butter 1/2 stick
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Puree cranberries and in a large bowl add all ingredients, mixing after each addition, until well combined. In a large bowl mix all ingredients.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice and on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes, until edges brown. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 3 to 4 dozen biscuits.
These look delicious. I definitely have to try these for my labs.
made these today for my shih tzu because he wont eat the ones from the store. Well I’m happy to say he loves them doesn’t leave 3/4 of the treat nor crumbs like he does store bought treats. And these, I know whats in them :-)
Now to try some bacon and cheese treats for him also.
Have you ever tried blueberries instead of cranberries?
I haven’t Julie, but it sounds like a delicious substitution!
I’m going to make some for my mom’s dog Zeus. He loves his treats and these are definitely healthier for him. This may sound like a very dumb question but could us “human’s” eat them too?
Of course they can Tiffani! I didn’t try them myself because I can’t do dairy but the only ‘negative’ comment I’ve heard it that they are a little dry for most peoples taste.