I try to keep my recipes simple (mix three ingredients in a bowl and bake!) so this recipe for parmesan mint chicken scone dog biscuits is a little more work then I usually like but the dogs LOVED THEM and the time and effort is well worth it.
parmesan mint chicken scones dog treat recipe
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick Butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon Dried Peppermint Leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix whole wheat flour, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Add cubed butter to flour mixture and stir until crumbly, add parmesan.
- Mix additional ingredients by hand.
- Form into and four balls and flatten on prepared baking sheet to form a 1 inch thick round. Cut into wedges (pizza cutter!).
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 5 to 6 dozen pieces.