Used some garden fresh purple carrots in this recipe, I almost didn’t have enough after the dogs got to them.
peanut butter carrot dog treat recipe
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/4 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the tops to flatten.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen rounds.