chicken wrapped sweet potato dog treat recipe
- 1 to 2 Chicken breasts
- Sweet Potato
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- Clean the chicken breasts, then carefully slice them into thin strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. They are easier to cut if allowed to freeze slightly.
- Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into same size pieces and wrap each with a slice of chicken.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with coconut oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator it can be used to dry the treats as well, just follow the manufacture instructions.