cranberry mint sweet potato chews dog treat recipe
- 2 to 3 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoon dried Spearmint Leaves
- Evenly slice the yams, the thinner they are the faster they will dry, and set aside.
- Heat cranberries and water to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and boil gently 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in spearmint leaves.
- Place sweet potato slices into the cranberry marinade, add additional water if it's needed to fully cover. Allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours until you have achieved the texture you want.
- Cool and refrigerate.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.