If you’re a dog owner who loves to spoil your furry friend with homemade treats, then this Turkey Pot Pie Dog Treat recipe is perfect for you! Made with wholesome ingredients and packed with flavor, these treats will have your pup’s tail wagging with excitement. The best part? You can use leftover turkey from your own Thanksgiving feast to make these delicious treats. So, let’s get baking and make some tail-wagging goodness!
To start, gather all the ingredients you’ll need for this tasty recipe. You’ll need some cooked turkey, diced into small pieces, as well as some whole wheat flour, sweet potato, butter, milk, peas, corn and sage. For the crust, you’ll need whole wheat flour, eggs, rolled oats, and water. Don’t forget to preheat your oven to 350°F!
Once you have all your ingredients ready, it’s time to get baking. In a sauce pan melt the butter, then add the flour and milk. Next, stir in the diced turkey, sweet potato, milk, peas, corn and sage. Mix everything together until well combined. This will be the filling for your dog’s pot pie.
Next, it’s time to make the crust. In another bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, eggs and rolled oats. Gradually add water to the mixture until it forms a dough. Knead the dough lightly until it’s smooth and pliable.
Now comes the fun part – assembling the pot pies! Take a small portion of the dough and roll it out on a floured surface until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter or a small bowl as a guide, cut out circles from the dough. These will be the bottoms of your pot pies.
Place a spoonful of the turkey and vegetable filling onto each circle of dough. Then, take another piece of dough and place it on top of the filling, pressing down gently to seal the edges.
Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and crispy. Let the pot pies cool completely before giving them to your furry friend.
Turkey Pot Pie Dog Treat Recipe
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 cup cooked and chopped Turkey
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped Sweet Potato
- 1/4 cup cooked Peas
- 1/4 cup cooked Corn
- 1 Sage leaf chopped
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup rolled Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone muffin pan or grease and flour a metal muffin pan.
- In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick, cut into muffin cup sized circles.
- Press the circle on bottoms and up the sides of the muffin pan cups.
- Bake for for 8 minutes and allow to cool.
- Cut remaining dough with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually stir in flour and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in turkey and vegetables until well combined; remove from heat.
- Fill each muffin cup with the turkey filling and top with cut out dough pieces.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes, cool before serving.
And there you have it – a delicious and homemade Turkey Pot Pie Dog Treat that your pup will absolutely love. These treats are not only tasty, but they’re also a great way to sneak some extra nutrients into your dog’s diet. So why not spoil your furry friend with a batch of these delightful treats today? They’ll be wagging their tail in delight!