Do you ever feel guilty indulging in a delicious slice of sweet potato pie while your furry friend sits beside you, drooling with envy? Well, fret no more because I have the perfect solution for you – a sweet potato pie dog treat recipe! Not only is it delicious and healthy, but it’s also visually stunning with its vibrant purple color. Your pup will be begging for more of this delectable frozen delight!
It’s time to prepare the star ingredient – the sweet potatoes. Wash them thoroughly and then peel off their skin. Once peeled, dice the sweet potatoes into small cubes and place them in a pot filled with water. Boil the potatoes until they become soft and tender. Once cooked, drain the water and let the sweet potatoes cool down.
While the sweet potatoes cool mix the almond flour, apple sauce and egg for the crust and press it into the mold.
Once baked top the crust with the sweet potato filling. Finally, place the filled molds in the freezer and let them freeze for at least eight hours, or until they are solid. Once frozen, pop the treats out of the molds and store them in an airtight container in the freezer. Your dog will love the refreshing and delicious taste of these frozen sweet potato pie treats, especially on a hot summer day.
Sweet Potato Pie Dog Treat Recipe
- 2 cups cooked and mashed Purple Sweet Potato
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- pinch Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup Almond Four
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone mold or grease and flour a metal mold.
- Mix crust ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the mold and press until even.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges.
- Mix filling ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Top cooked crust with filling until mold is full.
- Freeze for 8 hours to allow them to fully set and serve.
Voila! You now have a batch of homemade sweet potato pie dog treats that are sure to make your furry friend’s tail wag with delight. Go ahead, spoil your pup with these delicious goodies and watch them gobble them up with joy. After all, they deserve nothing but the best!