≡ Menu

Apple Cranberry

Apple Cranberry Dog Treat/Biscuit Recipe DoggyDessertChef.com
While baking these apple cranberry treats several cranberries fell to the floor and Big B darted in grabbing a couple. He carried them to his bed and took his first bite, then a saw the rest rolling across the floor … I’ve finally found something he wont scarf down.
He did love the treats, he just had to wait for the baking to be done before he could enjoy his cranberries!

1 cup fresh Cranberries
1 cup Apple Sauce
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/4 cup Milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Puree cranberries and mix with apple sauce. Once combined add milk, cinnamon and whole wheat flour until dough is well mixed.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned at the edges.
Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen dogs.

Apple Cranberry Dog Treat/Biscuit Recipe DoggyDessertChef.com

10 comments… add one

• Lori @ According to Gus December 20, 2010, 7:26 am

Yay! Finally a use for the cranberries I froze after Thanksgiving! Love that cookie cutter :)

• Mr. Miles, Ms. Kizzie, and Buddy December 19, 2012, 2:28 pm

Mommy loves cranberries. Now we do, too! Thanks!

• Kathy May 31, 2014, 7:53 am

Is there something else I can use to substitute instead of milk?

• DoggyDessertChef May 31, 2014, 4:35 pm

You can use almond milk or water. I hope that helps Kathy. Woof!

• Leslie Cape September 28, 2014, 11:21 am

I did not think the dough was good for cookie cutters. I tried plastic & metal, and didn’t like how either came out. On the bright side, I ended up just doing drop cookies, they came out great! Dogs loved them! I honestly, tried a couple… Bland but not bad.

• Crystal December 28, 2014, 4:36 am

Great idea. Cranberries are very good for Goldens as they tend to get UTIs the first year of their lives. Thanks for sharing! I am going to try these right away

• Iva January 18, 2015, 12:16 pm

What can I use instead of fresh Cranberries… I can only get dried ones here and as a complete dog cookie rookie I have no idea what can I use as a substitution…

• DoggyDessertChef January 19, 2015, 5:59 pm

Dried would work just fine Iva, just skip the puree part and mix with the other ingredients. Woof!

• Jacky February 17, 2015, 9:25 am

Since dried cranberries can be used, what should the measurement be? Still a cup?

• Chad November 5, 2015, 11:43 am

Id like to make this recipe dairy free and as well add coconut oil. What do you suggest i replace the milk with as I am a novice baker or lack there of. Could the milk be replaced with eggs?