While baking these apple cranberry treats several cranberries fell to the floor and Big B darted in grabbing a couple. He carried them to his bed and took his first bite, then a saw the rest rolling across the floor … I’ve finally found something he wont scarf down.
He did love the treats, he just had to wait for the baking to be done before he could enjoy his cranberries!
apple cranberry dog treat recipe
- 1 cup fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Puree cranberries and mix with apple sauce. Once combined add milk, cinnamon and whole wheat flour until dough is well mixed.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned at the edges.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen dogs.