More candy to get your dogs drooling.
Feed sparingly this bark will pack on the pounds.
carob and bacon bark dog treat recipe
- 1 10 ounce bag Carob Chips approximately 2 cups
- 1 12 ounce package Bacon approximately 10 pieces
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, lightly grease the foil and then set aside.
- Cook and crumble bacon, set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Melt carob chips in double boiler or in microwave heating 30 seconds at a time. Once carob is melted stir in bacon, excluding the 1/4 cup set to the side, until completely mixed.
- Pour carob mixture on foil and spread until mixture is 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup bacon across the top of the carob mixture and cool in fridge or freezer.
- Remove and break into pieces that are bite sized for your dog. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Love this one! I need a week of vacation to try all of your recipes…and then more puppies to share the creations with :)
As always, beautiful photos! Do you use a lightbox?
Lucky, lucky pooches! This looks really great…
Love your site. I have to get busy trying these out!
No, I ‘real’ photographer would probably faint at my set up lol but thank you!