8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
4 tablespoons Butter
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
3 (1/2 tablespoons) Carob Powder
Food Color (I used red and green)*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
3. Knead dough into ball and separate dough into three balls.
4. Lightly knead 1/ tablespoon, and food color if you decide to use it, to a ball of dough and roll 1/4 inch thick cut with the cookie cutter of your choice. Do the same for the two other balls.
4. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen spiders
* If you don’t feel comfortable with having food coloring in your treats feel free to leave it out. Woof!