I suppose your dog wouldn’t mind if you actually wrapped these treats in bacon .. but the Vet may have something so say about how fat they are getting. :)
bacon chicken dog treat recipe
- 1/4 cup crisply cooked and crumbled Bacon approximately 3 slices
- 1/2 cup cooked and shredded Chicken
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter 1 stick
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Parsley
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Allow cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature then combine in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with you cookie cutter of choice, prick with a fork to prevent bubbles.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned at the edges.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen paws.