Kiddo: Did you burn the chicken?!?
Okay, okay the jerky may not look pretty but the dogs gobbled it up, it’s that what matters?
2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
1 cup Blueberries
1/4 cup Flaxseeds
2 tablespoons Molasses
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
2 to 3 cups Water
1. Combine blueberries, flaxseeds, molasses, lemon juice and water, puree until smooth.
2. Clean the chicken breast and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the chicken slightly.
3. Place chicken strips into the blueberry marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Place on a cookie sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
6. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
*If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat as well, just follow the manufactures instructions.