One of the boys had some friends over and after watching me mix for a while they offered to help when cookie cutter time came. Once everything was ready I called them in and one of the boys looked at the cookie cutter and declared that the dogs would never, ever eat these treats.
‘A dog is not gonna eat another dog, that’s wrong and they wont do it’
Poor dogs had to wait until the kids had left to try out the treats, I didn’t want to let the kiddos know my dogs were savages!
ham and cheese dog treat recipe
- 1 cup cooked and chopped Ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Wheat Germ
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Allow cheddar cheese to warm to room temperature and in a large bowl combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with the cutter of your choice.
- Place treats on an ungreased cookie sheets and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.
That looks and sounds really great, I think my Max will love it! Though I must agree with the cookie shape, lol, does it really have to be a dog? I guess I’d go for the bone shape ones or cat shape perhaps? LOL! Naughty me!
these sound good enough for people to eat. Do they spoil quickly?
I’ve been able to keep them in the fridge for three weeks with no problem, any time longer then that any they should probably be in the freezer. :)
I called and left a voice message today. Maybe email is better?
Must they be refrigerated? I am planning to add them to my line of home-made dog treats but can’t take a chance on spoilage. How about the Honey Ham treats? Same recommendation?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Oh, my dog LOVES them!