The squirrel has been sighted again!
Actually our real life cutie has moved on, the cold may have been to much for him, so Pee Wee’s mind is now at ease and he can concentrate on barking at the birds who continue to mock him.
blueberry lavender dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Culinary Lavender finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Puree blueberries and mix with other ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick, cut with you cookie cutter of choice and prick with a fork to prevent bubbles.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned at the edges.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 25 to 30 Squirrels.
A couple of people have asked where I got my squirrel cookie cutter and it’s Ikea (aka my favorite place in the whole world!)