Yes, yes I’ve finally jumped on the cake balls band wagon and I don’t know why I waited so long! These peanut butter banana cake balls were a hit with my boys and since they were a breeze to make I’m sure your pups will be snacking on them in no time.
peanut butter banana cake balls dog treat recipe
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Bananas
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup 1 stick Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 pound Yogurt Coating Chips
- 1/2 cup Peanuts crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone cake pan or grease and flour a 9 inch round cake pan or one 9×9 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl mix whole wheat flour and baking soda then set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork then mix egg, milk, peanut butter and butter.
- Once well combined add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until mixed.
- Spoon cake batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove and place on wire rack to cool completely
- Cover two baking sheets with wax paper
- Crumble the cooled cake into a large mixing bowl until the entire cake is crumbled into a fine texture (I used a hand mixer to break up some of the bigger pieces.)
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups peanut butter until well combined with the cake crumbs.
- Roll you cake mix into 1/2 inch balls* and place them on the baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator for several hours, or the freezer for 15 minutes, you want the balls to be firm enough to dip.
- Melt your yogurt chip using you method of choice. I use my microwave and heated them for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until it was melted. If you have one you can also use a double boiler
- Roll balls in yogurt and lay on wax paper. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts while still wet and let sit until firm.
- Makes 3 to 4 dozen cake balls.