You’re only four easy ingredients away from a tasty gluten-free treat for your pup.
peanut butter molasses dog treat recipe
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups White Rice Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- Makes 3 to 4 dozen rounds.
I mixed all ingredients and have a very powdery mixture, nothing I could knead. Is there suppose to be a liquid in the mixture to bind it all together?
I have a dog treat recipe that also calls for peanut butter.I add olive oil if it comes out too dry.If you want gluten-free you’ll have to make sure that it is in fact gluten free olive oil.
The dogs really liked these but I will not make them again. The dough was very hard to work with and they fell apart before they made it to the box.
I added milk =)
Gluten free flour needs to be sifted, unlike regular flour. I didn’t and had to add more molasses and peanut butter to get a good consistency. Also, I refrigerated it for an hour so it could set up.