lemon parsley liver jerky dog treat recipe
- 1 pound Beef Liver
- 2 Lemons sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the liver in the freezer for 30 minutes, it’ll make it easier to cut. Cut into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Add liver to water and allow it to boil for approximately 5 minutes, until the liver is no longer pink.
- Remove the liver from the water and rinse with cold water, then pat with paper towels until cool and dry.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with dried parsley, then partly cover with lemon slices.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until it is dried to your liking.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the liver as well, just follow the manufacture’s instructions.